By Makua Ubanagu
Just two days after the inclusion of Dr Maryam Shettima (Shetty)’s name on the ministerial nominees’ list submitted to the Senate on Wednesday, President Bola Tinubu, on Friday surprisingly withdrew her and replaced her with that of Mariya Mahmoud.
The PUNCH reported on Thursday how Nigerians on social media reacted to Shetty’s nomination. While some praised the Kano State-born Shetty and Tinubu, some others blasted Tinubu for her nomination.
Here are five things to know about Maryam Shettima;
1. Her full name is Maryam Shettima Ibrahim, but popularly known as Maryam Shetty.
2. She was born April 8, 1979 (44 years old)
3. She is a political and social activist. She is a national leader of #WeBelieve, an APC support group.
4. She graduated from Bayero University, Kano, with a distinction in BSc Physiotherapy. She also has an MSc in Sports Physiotherapy from the University of East London.
5. She was once chosen to represent Nigeria at the United Nations General Assembly.